Our friends at Popular Hot Rodding Magazine have joined with the Goodguys Rod & Custom Association to sponsor the Street Machine category at five Goodguys AutoCross events in 2011. PHR will be giving the Street Machine class winner of each of the five events listed below a customized PHR winner’s jacket emblazoned with his or her name as well as a profile of the winning car and driver in the event coverage for that event.
The Goodguys Autocross Street Machine class is open to any Muscle Car or Street Machine 1955-1972 vintage (expect at Goodguys Get-Together events which welcome later model cars) with tires having a 180 or higher tread wear rating. All you have to do to run the autocross is pass a quick tech inspection as well as be a registered participant at the event. Here are the five events PHR will sponsor this season:
- 1st Spring Nationals, Texas Motor Speedway Ft. Worth, TX, March 18 – 20
- 6th Bridgestone Nashville Nationals, LP Field, Nashville, TN, May 20 – 22
- 14th PPG Nationals, Ohio Expo Center, Columbus, OH, July 8 – 10
- 1st WIX Filters Speedway Nationals, Indianapolis Motor Speedway, Indianapolis, IN, Sept. 16 – 18
- 1st Fall Del Mar Nationals, Del Mar Fairgrounds, Del Mar, CA, November 25 – 27
Goodguys will run 16 AutoCross events in 2011. Classes include Street Rod (’54 & older), Street Machine (’55 & Newer), Truck (all years thru ’72 expect at Pleasanton Get-Together’s) and Vendor Class (Must be a vendor exhibiting at event). For more Autocross info, visit